CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
Read Agency Scoop, our partner agency newsletter here
Partner Lunch and Learns
Invites will be sent to your email with more details.
Watch for the monthly Agency Partner Newsletter for Upcoming Lunch and Learn Opportunities!
CLIENT TRACKING DATABASE UPDATE: We are ready to launch the new client intake database
from Feeding America! We are excited to offer our partner agencies a no-cost platform to use for client intake. This electronic database will streamline the intake process and allow us to better understand those we serve. While Feeding America continues to add enhancements to this platform, we are now able to bring this new database to our partners. If you are interested in learning more, please reach out to Janice Tweet at email@example.com or 701-476-9137.
Check out our Partner Lunch & Learn session recording on the new system here.
VIRTUAL GATHERING RECORDING – Former CEO Steve Sellent joined us for a conversation on what the future of food streams will look like through our food bank network. Steve has spent countless hour learning about trends and consulting with experts at Feeding America about how we are going to start seeing shifts in our food streams and what this will mean for all of us. Recording HERE and PowerPoint HERE.
- Partnership: Renew your partnership with the GPFB for 2023. Contact your RSM.
- Retail Food Rescue: Partners picking up at a local retail store(s) will need to complete an agreement. Contact your RSM.
- Partners receiving retail food rescue items from a GPFB truck will also need to sign the addendum in the partnership agreement.
- A $50 annual partnership fee will be invoiced to your account after January 1.
AFFILIATION LETTER: Partners who have a separate fiscal and legal sponsor will be required to provide an affiliation letter by January 30, 2023 that will then be updated every other year after. This will also meet the requirement for partners participating in TEFAP. Click HERE for a template.
UPDATED PARTNER HANDBOOK: Click HERE for PDF. Partners are HIGHLY encouraged to read through an updated GPFB food assistance partner handbook in its entirety as many new resources and best practices have been added. Paper copies will be available by request.
ORDER AND DELIVERY CALENDAR: As of January 1 all ‘areas’ will be delivered to on the same week each month. Adjustments may be made for holidays, weather, inventory schedules, or the size of the orders. This is a change that many partners have asked about and we are excited to put it into motion to bring some increased consistency to our operations.
- Holiday Schedule – GPFB offices and warehouses closed and GPFB retail rescue routes cancelled on scheduled holidays.
- January - NEW Delivery Calendar Starts!
- January 2 - GPFB Closed
- January 16 - GPFB Closed
- April 7 - GPFB Closed
- May 29 - GPFB Closed
- July 4 - GPFB Closed
- September 4 - GPFB Closed
- November 23 & 24 - GPFB Closed
- December 25 & 26 - GPFB Closed
2023 ORDER AND DELIVERY CALENDER
View the partner agency delivery schedule here
- Order Mistakes: contact the Great Plains Food Bank at 701-232-6219 noting the product number and quantity of items needed or missed.
- Second Orders will now be placed in PWW. Only 1 second order will be accepted and it must be entered by the end of your order timeframe.
- Cass/Clay Partners who PICK UP – the time and date you select when placing your order is when you will be scheduled for pick up. At your scheduled date and time, please come into the volunteer entrance of the warehouse and ring the doorbell. Someone will come and assist you.
- Cass/Clay Partners who get DELIVERY will be on a consistent monthly schedule. If you are unsure of your monthly delivery time, please email or call Nicole.
- NEW for 2020! Voucher Reporting – To better capture the great work our partners are doing community by community, we are asking you to report on voucher programs in partnership with local grocery stores. Currently these innovative partnerships to connect families with fresh and perishable food is not being captured, and we feel it is important information in sharing the story of how together we are ending hunger. When reporting your monthly statistics, there is a line at the very bottom for reporting the dollar amount given in vouchers that month. We do not need information about who your partnership is with or what product the vouchers are for with this reporting, though we would love to hear about it to share with our network. Interested in learning more about voucher programs community partners have established with their local grocery store? Contact your Regional Services Manager to learn more!
RETAIL RESCUE RECEIPTS
- Preferred weekly
- Receipts should be entered by the last work day of the month
- As of February 2020, we have gone paperless! Statements will no longer be mailed out monthly.
- Balances and unpaid invoices can be found in the My Documents tab in your PWW account.
RECALLED ITEM LOG
- CLICK HERE TO VIEW
- View recalls and sign up to receive email update s through the USDA HERE.
- FDA hand sanitizer recall list and updates HERE
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
- SAMPLE Pantry Intake – Annual Form, Half Page
- SAMPLE Pantry Intake – Single Use Form
- SAMPLE Meal Site Intake
- Shelf Life Guide
- ND Meat Donation Guide
- Fridge storage poster
- SAMPLE Temp Log
- SAMPLE Pest Log
- SAMPLE Secondary Distribution Log
FOOD SAFETY CERTIFICATION
- Meal Programs
- Food Pantries - Food Handler for Food Banking Activities and Quiz
- SNAP Flyer
- Social Security - Despite challenges government and businesses face at this time, we want people to know we remain ready and able to help them by phone with most Social Security matters. Your clients can speak with a representative by calling their local Social Security office or our National Number. We also provide local office phone numbers conveniently online with our Social Security Office Locator. Attached is a flyer/poster that you can customize with the local office number. Although our offices are not providing service for walk-in visitors, we may be able to schedule an appointment for limited, critical issues if we cannot help someone by phone and if they cannot get the information they need or conduct their business online. Please encourage your clients to call or take advantage of our secure and convenient online services to: Apply for Retirement, Disability, and Medicare benefits, Check the status of an application or appeal, Request a replacement Social Security card (in most areas), Print a benefit verification letter, and more.
- WIC – open to working and non-working families, including those who are recently unemployed. Participants in programs like Medicaid, TANF or SNAP are automatically income eligible. Families may qualify for WIC by meeting the income guidelines for the household. Individuals who are pregnant, have a new baby or children under age 5 might also be eligible for WIC.
PARTNER ENABLED RETAIL FOOD RESCUE PICK UPS
- Retail Rescue Manual
- Retail Rescue Receipt Template
- Retail Rescue Q & A Video
- Secondary Distribution Record
- 2022-2023 income guidelines
- Civil Rights training – individual
- Civil Rights Training - group certification
- USDA Non-Discrimination Statement – should be on all printed materials
Hunger Solutions Minnesota partners with the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), the Minnesota Department of Human Services-Office of Economic Opportunity (OEO), food banks and food pantries to administer Minnesota’s TEFAP program.
TEFAP providers in Minn., use the most recent Federal Poverty Guidelines on all TEFAP forms effective July 1, 2022.
- Gluten Free Guide for Pantries
- How to Make a Meal Kit – Presentation, Guide for Pantries
- Recipe Ideas for Meal Kits - Farmer’s Market Salad, Lemon and Herb Bean Salad, How to Prepare Dry Beans
- How to Stock Your Food Pantry for Diabetic Diets - Presentation & Guide for Pantries – Use the front page for a client education resource!
- Heart Healthy Diet Education – Presentation & Handout
RECIPES & PRODUCT INFORMATION
PARTNER AGENCY DISCUSSION BOARDS
Ask questions, share thoughts and ideas with other Great Plains Food Bank partners in your area.
- Fargo-Moorhead and surrounding area.
- Grand Forks and surrounding area.
- Bismarck-Mandan and surrounding area.
- Minot and surrounding area.
- Williston and surrounding area.
- Dickinson and surrounding area.
- Jamestown-Valley City and surrounding area.
CLICK HERE to check out Great Plains Food Bank YouTube page
CLICK HERE for a complete list of upcoming MOBILE FOOD PANTRY locations – we welcome partners to come volunteer, pick up excess product, or do outreach!
CLICK HERE for a complete list of food pantries and meal sites across the state and Clay County, MN