What is Service Insights on MealConnect?
The Great Plains Food Bank is excited to offer our partner network of food pantries, shelters and soup kitchens Service Insights on MealConnect, a no-cost platform to use for neighbor intake. This electronic database will streamline the intake process and allow us to better understand those we serve.
Each time neighbors access one of the Great Plains Food Bank network of 200 partners, data is collected from each neighbor such as contact information and household size. This had always been a process of paperwork causing a greater investment of time from both the neighbor and partner agency. Now, using a shared, electronic database, this process can be handled entirely online providing many benefits to our partner agency network.
How Service Insights on MealConnect is helping us better serve hungry neighbors
- Neighbor information will be tracked in real time, eliminating the need for partner agencies to total their stats at the end of each month.
- The intake process will be simplified, as clients will not need to provide their full information at each pantry visit.
- Electronic tracking will allow for identification on any duplication of services.
- Increased client data will allow for more robust grant applications.
- The system will feature in-depth reporting capabilities.
frequently asked questions
A: No! The platform is made available for free by Feeding America.
A: We are looking at cost-effective options for pantries to gain internet access if deemed necessary. Enhancements are also being made to the platform to enable the system to be utilized offline.
A: We will work to provide technology for food pantries who do not have equipment.
A: No, all intake can be done electronically.
We anticipate providing access to this system to all of our partners over the next two years. If you are interested in learning more, please contact Janice at email@example.com or (701) 476-9137.