Accountable to: Programs Director
Department: Programs and Agency Services
Employment Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: Full Time
Location: Western N.D. or Bismarck
The SNAP outreach coordinator is responsible for implementing the SNAP Outreach Program in the western region of ND. This position will work with partner feeding programs and community partners to identify, prescreen and assist eligible individuals with the SNAP application process. This position is also responsible for connecting neighbors to other relevant supports and resources for which they may be eligible. They will cultivate relationships within our network and the broader community to build awareness of our programs. With our values of passion, service and innovation at the forefront, this position will advance the mission of the Great Plains Food Bank to end hunger together and our vision of a hunger-free North Dakota and Clay County, Minnesota.
Core Accountabilities and Essential Duties
- Program Coordination
The SNAP outreach coordinator uses referral tools, community outreach, and new solutions to support neighbors in benefits navigation and SNAP application assistance.
- Plans and implements projects related to the SNAP Outreach Program.
- Participates in outreach visits at GPFB Partner Agencies and other community based organizations reaching all counties within designated geographic region.
- Prescreens individuals for SNAP eligibility through in-person, phone and web-based interactions.
- Provides positive experience through responsive feedback and excellent customer service.
- Assists individuals with application completion for SNAP and other benefits as eligible and available.
- Develops resources and tools (posters, brochures, social media posts etc.) for targeted populations.
- Brings new and innovative outreach activities and ideas to enhance the program.
- Reporting and Data Collection
The SNAP outreach coordinator tracks necessary data and contributes to ongoing reporting needs.
- Maintains accurate records and program metrics in accordance with internal policies and funding requirements.
- Completes all paperwork related to programs/services as eligible.
- Completes reports as needed or as requested in a timely manner.
- Community Engagement
The SNAP outreach coordinator leverages community relationships to meet neighbors where they’re at and serves as a connector between and among relevant programs and services.
- Collaborates with GPFB Partner Agency Network and engage other community based organizations to build awareness of the SNAP Outreach Program and other related activities.
- Participates in meetings, webinars, and events with Feeding America, local/state associations, and others to share and learn best practices, increase knowledge, and improve access to resources.
- Establishes and maintains effective, courteous relationships with all employees, neighbors, and other stakeholders.
Education, Experience and Requirements
Successful candidates for this position will have at least 2 years of relevant skills, education, or experience in human or social services, social work, or related field. Emphasis on community outreach, customer experience, and comfort working with at-risk and vulnerable populations is preferred. Valid driver’s license, ability to travel statewide and flexibility to attend meetings and events in evenings and/or on weekends required.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong communicator that possesses excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multi-faceted demands and deadlines
- Compassionate listener with strong customer service skills and willingness to assist others
- Ability to work independently with a flexible and adaptable personal work style
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. The Great Plains Food Bank reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the actual duties, responsibilities, qualifications and work assignments as deemed appropriate and necessary, and to make reasonable accommodations so qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the position.
Download permission may be located on the bottom of your screen.
Submit completed application and resume to email@example.com