Accountable to: Data Insights Manager
Department: Ending Hunger 2.0
Employment Status: AmeriCorps Vista Member
Hours: Full Time, Temporary
The Research and Training VISTA is responsible for supporting the research and data collection work of the Ending Hunger 2.0 department. These efforts include implementation of an electronic, shared client intake database and tasks associated with organizational research. With our values of passion, service and innovation at the forefront, this position will advance the mission of Great Plains Food Bank to end hunger together and our vision of a hunger-free North Dakota and Clay County, Minnesota.
Core Accountabilities and Essential Duties
- Client Data Software
The Research and Training VISTA assists with the implementation of a unified, client database software system to ensure our partner agency network has accurate, real-time, client data.
- Assists in development of training materials.
- Trains partner agencies in use of system.
- Assists partner agencies at distributions to ensure proper knowledge of system use.
- Facilitates intake at Mobile Food Pantry distributions.
The Research and Training VISTA contributes to organizational research efforts that deliver strategic insight, improvements in client outcomes, and impact evaluation.
- Supports the survey design, implementation strategies and deployment of on-line and in person surveys, focus groups, or other data collection methods.
- Assists in data analysis and writing of final reports.
- Ensures accurate and timely data entry.
Education, Experience and Requirements
Successful candidates for this position will hold a bachelor’s degree and have experience in project management, community organizing, or related fields. Previous experience working with databases preferred. Valid driver’s license, ability to travel statewide and flexibility to attend meetings and events in evenings and/or on weekends required.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong communicator that possesses excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented, yet flexible with an adaptable personal style
- Strong customer service skills and willingness to assist others
- Flexible schedule to accommodate partner agency hours
Download permission may be located on the bottom of your screen.
Submit completed application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org