Accountable to: Community Initiatives Manager
Department: Ending Hunger 2.0
Employment Status: AmeriCorps Member
Hours: 25-30 (Temporary)
Location: Fargo, N.D.
The Impact AmeriCorps Member is responsible for supporting the community initiatives work of the Ending Hunger 2.0 department. These efforts include capacity building and cultural foods initiatives. With our values of passion, service and innovation at the forefront, this position will advance the mission of Great Plains Food Bank to end hunger together and our vision of a hunger-free North Dakota and Clay County, Minnesota.
Core Accountabilities and Essential Duties
- Project Coordination
The Impact AmeriCorps Member contributes to the execution of community-based solutions.
- Supports efforts to assess community need with the goal of uncovering opportunities to address short and long term issues related to hunger and its root causes.
- Assists in the design and execution of new community-based solutions.
- Participates in the evaluation of project(s) for effectiveness, impact, scalability and sustainability.
- Community Engagement
The Impact AmeriCorps Member contributes to building and supporting relationships in community across the Great Plains Food Bank service area.
- Participates in community activities, events and meetings.
- Assists in educating communities and persons through presentations and speaking events.
- Supports implementation of cultural foods initiatives.
Education, Experience and Requirements
Successful candidates for this position will hold a Bachelor’s degree and have experience in project management, community organizing, and interviewing clients in social-service-like setting. Knowledge of research methods, techniques and online survey tool preferred. Valid driver’s license, ability to travel statewide and flexibility to attend meetings and events in evenings and/or on weekends required.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong communicator that possesses excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, with special focus on Excel and preferred experience with online survey tools
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented, yet flexible with an adaptable personal style
- Strong customer service skills and willingness to assist others
- Preferred knowledge of research methods and techniques
- Flexible schedule to accommodate partner agency hours