Accountable to: Ending Hunger 2.0 Director
Department: Ending Hunger 2.0
Employment Status: Non-exempt
Hours: Full Time
The coalition coordinator is responsible for coalition coordination, growth, and engagement for our statewide and regional coalition efforts. They will plan and facilitate community driven collaborations, establish governance, policies, and standardization for the coalition membership and use evidence based strategic planning tools to identify coalition priorities. With our values of passion, service and innovation at the forefront, this position will advance the mission of Great Plains Food Bank to end hunger together and our vision of a hunger-free North Dakota and Clay County, Minnesota.
Core Accountabilities and Essential Duties
- Community Organizing and Mobilization
The coalition coordinator builds and strengthens relationships with key communities and stakeholders to bring together diverse experts, leaders, and community members; motivating engagement in work addressing the root causes of hunger.
- Forge relationships and collaborative partnerships with community members and organizations, government officials, and other key stakeholders.
- Re-engage past coalition participants and energize existing member organizations to recommit to shared objectives.
- Bridge existing regional coalition(s) to statewide efforts.
- Activate new regional coalitions with priorities in Burleigh/Morton and Grand Forks Counties.
- Use social media, community meetings, and other outreach platforms to engage with current and potential member organizations.
- Strategic Planning and Implementation
Using evidence-based tools, the coalition coordinator will guide member organizations through a strategic planning process to identify shared objectives, measurements of success, and priorities for statewide and regional coalitions.
- Activate experts or lead strategic discovery and planning process.
- Support implementation of coalition activities and evaluate their outcomes.
- Host statewide Hunger Summit annually.
- Coalition Governance
Establish and manage a systematized procedure for coalition operation at the statewide and regional level including governance, budgetary, membership, and decision-making processes.
- Create tools for recruitment and outline for member commitments.
- Identify and adopt by-laws, governance structure, and rotation of advisory board.
- Hold planning meetings with advisory board on monthly basis.
Education, Experience and Requirements
Successful candidates for this position will have work experience or equivalent degree outlining their abilities to perform the core accountabilities outlined above. Relatable areas of expertise may include: Project Management, Political Science, Community Development, Hunger Relief, Social Work, Volunteer Management, etc. Valid driver’s license, ability to travel statewide and flexibility to attend meetings and events in evenings and/or on weekends required.
Skills and Competencies
- Focused on establishing and building relationships with stakeholders
- Proven facilitator with diverse groups providing conflict management collective impact leadership
- Strong communicator that possesses excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, yet independent environment with multi-faceted demands and deadlines
- Critical thinking skills to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently when required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. The Great Plains Food Bank reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the actual duties, responsibilities, qualifications and work assignments as deemed appropriate and necessary, and to make reasonable accommodations so qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the position.
Download permission may be located on the bottom of your screen.
Submit completed application and resume to email@example.com