Accountable to: Volunteer & Facility Manager
Employment Status: Non-exempt
Hours: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
The Warehouse Associate & Relief Driver is responsible for supporting the warehouse operations through receiving, handling, storing, transferring, and picking activities for distribution of products around the North Dakota and Clay County, MN to reduce hunger. The volunteer & warehouse associate is responsible for helping out in the volunteer services department, setting up projects and supervising volunteers. This position is also responsible to assist in duties regarding loading and unloading trucks of donated products, assist in preparing of agency orders for delivery, and helping agencies and donors to pick up orders or receive donated orders. This position also helps assist with inventory control through proper documentation of incoming/outgoing orders and complying with all food safety measures to ensure product is presentable and fresh. Will help cover local retail rescue routes within the Bismarck-Mandan metro area as needed to help cover vacation/sick days and may be called upon to assist out on our routes with our FT local driver when workloads increase at certain times during the year
Essential Duties and Core Accountabilities
1. Volunteer Duties
- Set up and assist with prep/takedown of projects for volunteers, mobiles, CSFP repacks and may include special events we have throughout the year
- Assist volunteer drivers loading up products for local deliveries
- Supervise and give tours to evening volunteers groups as needed
- Sanitize and clean repack tables, supplies and all equipment used in the repack area
- Clean repack center as required off master cleaning schedules which require daily, weekly, monthly and periodic cleaning
- Complete paperwork as required; Keep accurate inventory and item weights to ensure conformance to procedures; Complete other paperwork as needed/required; Perform receipting actions for repack items; Weigh, count, and assign storage locations
2. Warehouse & Relief Driving
- Assist with cooler and freezer inventory and cleaning duties from master cleaning schedules
- Cover reception area at certain points throughout the day as needed
- Assist with grounds maintenance which could include snow removal, mowing lawn and general upkeep of our facility grounds
- Conduct daily cooler inventory and build pallets for delivery drivers as needed
- Pickup donations and make agency deliveries as needed filling in for local drivers when needed driving a 24 foot straight truck, picking up and delivery product in Burleigh and Morton counties. Deliver crates, (soda, milk and bread) and other items weekly back to donors by our 24 straight truck or van
- Respond to agency pickup and drop off requests including loading vehicles; Assist agencies that are picking up perishable products.
- Sweep, dust, or mop warehouse to ensure cleanliness and orderliness in accordance with AIB standards and regulations.
- Coordinate and prepare orders; Assist with shipping/receiving of products including loading and unloading of trucks;
- Pick orders from warehouse floor or refrigerator/freezer section; Move merchandise from receiving and storage areas to shipping or designated areas; Place items on racks, shelves, or bins according to product codes and/or warehouse safety standards;
- Complete paperwork as required; File order pick up/drop off inventory sheets; Maintain records of merchandise loaded and unloaded and distributed; Keep accurate inventory and item weights to ensure conformance to procedures; and Complete other paperwork as needed/required
Education and Experience
- High School diploma required
- Prior Warehouse or food handling experience preferred
- Ability to work in fact paced environment
- Forklift Certification required within 60 days of employment
- Serv Safe Certification and AIB Training within 60 days of employment
- Valid Class D License with good driving record
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to drive 24 foot straight truck or willing to be trained
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed to accommodate our evening volunteer groups
Compensation commensurate with experience. Generous benefit package. Opportunity to contribute to an environment that values passion, service and innovation.
How to Apply
After reviewing the job description in full, please email cover letter, resume, completed application and salary requirements to email@example.com. Application can be found at greatplainsfoodbank.org. Strong applicants will be contacted as soon as possible to set up interviews. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.