Accountable to: Ending Hunger 2.0 Impact Manager
Department: Ending Hunger 2.0
Employment Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Location: Fargo – Serving Eastern ND
The SNAP outreach coordinator is responsible for implementing the SNAP Outreach Program in the eastern region of ND. This position will work with partner feeding programs and community partners to identify, prescreen and assist eligible individuals with the SNAP application process. This position is also responsible for connecting neighbors to other relevant supports and resources for which they may be eligible. They will cultivate relationships within our network and the broader community to build awareness of our programs. With our values of passion, service and innovation at the forefront, this position will advance the mission of the Great Plains Food Bank to end together and our vision of a hunger-free North Dakota and Clay County, Minnesota.
Core Accountabilities and Essential Duties
1. Program Coordination
Use referral tools, community outreach, and new solutions to support neighbors in benefits navigation and SNAP application assistance.
• Plan and implement projects related to the SNAP Outreach Program.
• Participate in outreach visits at GPFB Partner Agencies and other community based organizations reaching all counties within designated geographic region.
• Prescreen individuals for SNAP eligibility through in-person, phone and web-based interactions.
• Provide positive experience through responsive feedback and excellent customer service.
• Assist individuals with application completion for SNAP and other benefits as eligible and available.
• Develop resources and tools (posters, brochures, social media posts etc.) for targeted populations.
• Bring new and innovative outreach activities and ideas to enhance the program.
2. Reporting and Data Collection
Track necessary data and contribute to ongoing reporting needs.
• Maintain accurate records and program metrics in accordance with internal policies and funding requirements.
• Complete all paperwork related to programs/services as eligible.
• Complete reports as needed or as requested in a timely manner.
3. Community Engagement
Leverage community relationships to meet neighbors where they’re at and serve as a connector between and among relevant programs and services.
• Collaborate with GPFB Partner Agency Network and engage other community based organizations to build awareness of the SNAP Outreach Program and other related activities.
• Participate in meetings, webinars, and events with Feeding America, local/state associations, and others to share and learn best practices, increase knowledge, and improve access to resources.
• Establish and maintain effective, courteous relationships with all employees, neighbors, and other stakeholders.
Education, Experience and Requirements
Successful candidates for this position will have at least 2 years of relevant skills, education, or experience in human or social services, social work, or related field. Emphasis on community outreach, customer experience, and comfort working with at-risk and vulnerable populations is preferred. Valid driver’s license, ability to travel statewide and flexibility to attend meetings and events in evenings and/or on weekends required.
Skills and Competencies
• Strong communicator that possesses excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multi-faceted demands and deadlines.
• Compassionate listener with strong customer service skills and willingness to assist others.
• Ability to work independently with a flexible and adaptable personal work style.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Competitive compensation and benefit package, including both traditional and nontraditional benefits. Opportunity to contribute to a culture and environment that values equity, diversity and inclusion; and to join a team that believes that together, we can and will solve hunger.
To apply send application and resume to:
Dominic Goodman | Director of Human Resources
firstname.lastname@example.org | 701-476-9115