Accountable to: Program Director
Department: Program and Agency Services
Employment Status: Non-exempt
Hours: Full Time
Location: Fargo or Bismarck
The regional services manager is responsible for supporting the goals and objectives of the Great Plains Food Bank through strengthening the presence and capacity of partner agencies and coordinating services and distributions regionally. This position will build high quality relationships with partner feeding programs to increase their capacity, and develop new partnerships with other entities to establish a broad presence and increased services throughout the state. This position will continuously monitor partner agency activities for compliance with food safety, Great Plains Food Bank and Feeding America standards, set up direct service program sites for rural outreach programs, and coordinate with the Food Resource Manager on statewide food rescue efforts with our partner agencies. With our values of passion, service and innovation at the forefront, this position will advance the mission of Great Plains Food Bank to end hunger together and our vision of a hunger-free North Dakota and Clay County, Minnesota.
Core Accountabilities and Essential Duties
1. Community Engagement
The regional service manager builds and strengthens relationships in communities across the Great Plains Food Bank service area.
- Forges and strengthens relationships and collaborative partnerships with community organizations and key stakeholders.
- Participates in targeted community activities, events and meetings.
- Educates communities and persons through presentations and public speaking events.
2. Program Coordination
The regional service manager contributes to food distribution through managing partner agency relations and administering the Mobile Food Pantry Program.
- Mentors potential partners in establishing new community feeding programs.
- Processes incoming partner agency applications, determines eligibility and sets up new partnerships.
- Develops and delivers program specific required training and hosts partner meetings.
- Monitors compliance activities through planned and impromptu site visits.
- Plans and prepares mobile food pantry distributions.
3. Documentation and Record Keeping
The regional service manager maintains communication with partner agencies, ensuring compliance and proper recording of statistics.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation (paper and electronic files) of partner agency network by ensuring all documentation is included and updated.
- Trains, coaches and follows-up with agencies on statistic reporting.
- Collects, records and tracks timely service statistics for programs and partner agencies.
- Writes, designs and uploads a weekly communication to the partner agency portal.
- Attends internal meetings as required.
- Assists in strategic planning, visioning and budgeting on an annual basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Requirements
Successful candidates for this position will hold a Bachelor’s degree in related field with 2 years’ prior related work experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in social services, outreach, project management and community collaborations are a plus. Valid driver’s license, ability to travel statewide and flexibility to attend meetings and events in evenings and/or on weekends required.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong communicator that possesses excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multi-faceted demands and deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented, yet flexible with an adaptable personal style
- Critical thinking skills to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Strong customer service skills and willingness to assist others