Accountable to: Accounting Manager
Employment Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: Full Time
The office coordinator is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the office functions. This position provides administrative support to all teams of the Great Plains Food Bank and is responsible for the development and implementation of efficient office processes and procedures, maintaining office inventory, coordinating meetings and events, compiling data, and preparing reports. This position will present a professional and welcoming first contact to clients, donors, vendors, board members, staff, etc. through in-person communication, telephone, and email. With our values of passion, service and innovation at the forefront, this position will advance the mission of Great Plains Food Bank to end hunger together and our vision of a hunger-free North Dakota and Clay County, Minnesota.
Core Accountabilities and Essential Duties
The office coordinator supports the administrative functions of the Great Plains Food Bank.
- Receives and processes picking tickets and invoices.
- Notifies partner agencies of order delivery times.
- Maintains donor and partner agency files.
- Creates food donation receipts and compiles donor reports.
- Codes and batches monetary donations.
- Customer Service
The office coordinator creates positive interactions with clients and guests.
- Provides a welcoming atmosphere by greeting guests and clients either in person or on the telephone.
- Answers and directs inquiries.
- Makes client referrals.
- Creates customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains overall facility aesthetic in accordance with agency guidelines.
- General Office Support
The office coordinator oversees all office operations for the statewide distribution center.
- Serves as primary point of contact with IT and office equipment vendors.
- Sorts and distributes mail, faxes, and email correspondence.
- Controls inventory of paper and various office products within the facility and codes invoices to reflect proper accounting of purchases.
- Maintains storage and file areas as needed.
- Performs light cleaning and other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Requirements
Successful candidates for this position must hold an Associate’s degree in related field and two years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Valid driver’s license required.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong communicator that possesses excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills and willingness to assist others
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented, yet flexible with an adaptable personal style
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multi-faceted demands and deadlines
- Critical thinking and analytical skills to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to build collaboration across teams and departments
How to Apply
After reviewing the job description in full, please email cover letter, resume, completed application and salary requirements to email@example.com. Strong applicants will be contacted as soon as possible to set up interviews. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.