Accountable to: Programs & Partner Network Director
Department: Programs & Agency Services
Employment Status: Non-exempt
Hours: Full Time
Location: Statewide (Fargo Preferred)
The health and nutrition program coordinator is responsible for managing all health and nutrition related programming. The health and nutrition program coordinator works at the intersection of nutrition and health to design, implement and pilot programs and services aimed to improve health outcomes through proper nutrition and foods. The health and nutrition program coordinator also leads organizational efforts to measure nutritional quality of our inventory, set goals for improvement and oversee internal implementation to source and distribute more nutritious food. With our values of passion, service, and innovation at the forefront, this position will advance the mission of Great Plains Food Bank to end hunger together and our vision of a hunger-free North Dakota and Clay County, Minnesota.
Core Accountabilities and Essential Duties
- Program Management
The health and nutrition program coordinator will carry out all aspects, from design to implementation and evaluation, of health-related programs, services, and/or interventions in partnership with healthcare agencies with a focus on improving health outcomes.
- Manage program logistics of the Wellness Pantry Program, Clinic Food Boxes, SNAP Rx and other health-related programs in collaboration with any health care entities.
- Develops and/or secures resources, plan, timeline, and materials to execute health-related programmatic efforts end to end.
- Carry out monitoring and evaluation of healthcare programs for effectiveness, impact, scalability and sustainability.
- Identify and implement new solutions that will have a positive impact on both health outcomes and food security.
- Nutrition Strategy
The health and nutrition program coordinator will oversee the facilitation the organization’s nutrition policy, goals, and practices as it relates to sourced products and distribution across our service area.
- Update and facilitate the organization’s nutrition policy, cross-departmental for all food purchases and donations.
- Design, update and carry out internal inventory nutrition-ranking activities and oversee implementation on an ongoing basis.
- Develop new nutrition guidelines, toolkit, and programming utilizing Healthy Eating Research (HER or similar nutrition education), for use internally and across our agency partner network.
- Community Engagement
The health and nutrition program coordinator builds and strengthens relationships with healthcare and nutrition stakeholders in communities across the Great Plains Food Bank’s service area.
- Deliver presentations on the impact of food insecurity on health and the connections between health, hunger, food insecurity, and nutrition.
- Engage with diverse stakeholders to identify opportunities for strategic partnerships to build positive health outcomes.
- Connect with higher-ed dietetic programs to sustain and manage the Great Plains Food Bank’s Annual Community Based Rotation internship.
Education, Experience and Requirements
Successful candidates for this position will have work experience or an equivalent degree outlining their abilities to perform the core accountabilities outlined above. Relatable areas of expertise may include: Public Health, Dietetics and Nutrition, Project Management, Human Services, Social Work, etc. Valid driver’s license, ability to travel statewide and flexibility to attend meetings and events in evenings and/or on weekends required.
Skills and Competencies
- Focused on establishing and building relationships with stakeholders
- Strong communicator that possesses excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, yet independent environment with multi-faceted demands and deadlines
- Critical thinking skills to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently when required
Download application here
Download permission may be located on the bottom of your screen.
Submit completed application and resume to email@example.com