Bismarck-Mandan Food Rescue Program Volunteer Driver
Each year, the Great Plains Food Bank's Bismarck-Mandan Food Rescue Program provides 900,000 meals to those struggling with food insecurity in the Bismarck-Mandan area. We are in need of volunteer drivers to assist with the pick up of these surplus meals and perishable food donations from various donors and deliver them to our local partners. We are currently looking for folks to help us out on Tuesdays 8:30 am – 12:00 pm (hours could be less). Our cargo van holds one driver and one passenger. It would be 2-3 donor pick ups and 2 - 3 agency drop offs.
Call Andrew at 701.476.9134 or Rachel at 701.390.2513 if you or someone you know is interested!
- Pick up donations from donors according to daily schedule.
- Inspect, weigh and take the temperature of donations.
- Issue itemized receipt to donor for each donation.
- Deliver donations to partner agencies.
- Issue itemized receipt to agency for each delivery.
- Deliver copies of donor & agency receipts to designated GPFB staff.
- Must be 18 or older.
- Must pass a criminal history & driving record check.
- Can commit at least 6 months.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Exceptional driving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to lift, bend & stoop for extended period.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds.