Accountable to: Community initiatives coordinator
Department: Ending Hunger 2.0
Employment status: AmeriCorps member
Hours: Full-time, temporary
The Ending Hunger 2.0 VISTA is responsible for supporting the research and data collection efforts of the Ending Hunger 2.0 department. These efforts include deployment of a statewide research study and implementation of an electronic, shared client intake database. With our values of passion, service and innovation at the forefront, this position will advance the mission of Great Plains Food Bank to end hunger together and our vision of a hunger-free North Dakota and Clay County, Minnesota.
Core Accountabilities and Essential Duties
The Ending Hunger 2.0 VISTA contributes to a statewide research study, ensuring accurate and complete collection of data from clients and partner agencies.
- Supports the survey design, implementation strategies and deployment of on-line and in person surveys.
- Assists with a statewide hunger study, completing face-to-face interviews with clients.
- Recruits and trains volunteers to successfully conduct client surveys/interviews at partner agencies.
- Coordinates travel, logistics and onsite needs.
- Conducts training program for staff and volunteer interviewers on data collection, sampling and interviewing.
- Ensures accurate and timely data entry.
- Assists in data analysis and writing of the final report.
2. Client Data Software
The Ending Hunger 2.0 VISTA assists with implementation of a unified, client database software system to ensure our partner agency network has accurate, real-time, client data.
- Assists in development of training materials.
- Trains partner agencies in use of new system.
- Assists partner agencies at distributions to ensure proper knowledge of system use.
- Collaborates with agency service and programs team to implement system at Mobile Food Pantries.
Education, Experience and Requirements
Successful candidates for this position will hold a Bachelor’s degree and have experience in project management, community organizing, and interviewing clients in social-service-like setting. Knowledge of research methods, techniques and online survey tool preferred. Valid driver’s license, ability to travel statewide and flexibility to attend meetings and events in evenings and/or on weekends required.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong communicator that possesses excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, with special focus on Excel and preferred experience with online survey tools.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented, yet flexible with an adaptable personal style.
- Preferred experience recruiting, training and managing volunteers.
- Experience working with and/or interviewing clients.
- Strong customer service skills and willingness to assist others.
- Preferred knowledge of research methods and techniques.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate partner agency hours