Accountable to: Communications Manager
Location: Fargo, N.D.
Employment Status: Non-exempt
Department: Development and communications
The digital communications coordinator executes digital content needs surrounding social media, website, electronic communication and video and photo needs along with implementing strategy for online giving and donor relations for the Great Plains Food Bank development and communications department. This position will focus on creating compelling digital content to enhance and benefit the entire organization along with placing an emphasis on bolstering digital fundraising efforts.
- Creating digital content for use on social media, website and in all forms of electronic communication to support all Great Plains Food Bank programs and client services, volunteers, food and financial donors, fundraising activities and oversight of organization social media team. This includes management of social media messaging and commenting and producing content for all departments including operations, programs, SNAP outreach and Ending Hunger 2.0.
- Executing strategy for development and communications initiatives including online giving pages, digital advertising, marketing, fundraising campaigns, appeals, assisting donor relations manager with current direct-mail vendor and other communication needs.
- Respectfully capturing photos, video and conducting interviews with food-insecure clients across North Dakota and Clay County, Minn., along with Great Plains Food Bank events.
- Monitoring of search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM) on website along with Google platforms, website plugins and email acquisition.
- 1-2 years of experience in creating digital content with a passion for working within a non-profit.
- Degree in graphic design, communications, marketing or related field.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Premier Pro a plus.
- Ability to shoot compelling images and a comfort level with conducting interviews with clients in need of food assistance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of AP Style.