Accountable to: Chief Development Officer
Department: Development and Communications
Employment status: Exempt
The development data and analytics manager is responsible for principal oversight and management of the organization’s constituent relationship management (CRM) database system, gift processing and acknowledgement practices, development data governance, and the design, production, and assessment of data-driven analytic resources and systems aimed at guiding and improving all aspects of the fundraising program with guidance provided by the organization’s mission, vision, strategic plan and financial parameters approved by the board of directors.
With our values of passion, service and innovation at the forefront, this position will advance the mission of the Great Plains Food Bank to end hunger through community partnerships and our vision of a hunger-free North Dakota and Clay County, Minnesota.
Core Accountabilities and Essential Duties
1. Data Integrity and Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) System Oversight – 40%
The development data and analytics manager is responsible for overseeing and managing all operations and functions for the CRM database (Donor Perfect Online) including: 1) data entry, integrity and management, 2) gift processing and acknowledgement, 3) donor support and stewardship, and 4) financial reconciliation and reporting.
- Develop and oversee all department standard operating procedures related to donor records, data definitions and protocols, data security measures, gift acceptance and gift processing systems, data vendor partnerships, and other development functions.
- Oversee and manage the health of the CRM database to include system updates, upgrades, user rights, system design, training, administrative functions, enhanced utilization of the CRM, and NCOA requirements for clean and consistent data to ensure a strong fundraising, reporting, and donor stewardship tool.
- Oversee and manage the accurate recording of private contributions, grants, bequests, pledges, stock donations, special events, and other private contributions along with all related data integrity measures across all donor types.
- Oversee and manage the system to properly acknowledge all donor contributions in compliance with practices and policies set by the Great Plains Food Bank and required by law.
- Offer support and service to donors/prospective donors as it relates to their gift giving, acceptance, pledge reminders, and receipting activity.
- Oversee month-end private revenue reconciliation in conjunction with the accounting department.
- Design, and develop a system to integrate other organizational CRM system data (Volgistics, Salsa, Primarius, Dynamics) with Donor Perfect Online to ensure a more comprehensive constituent relationship experience.
2. Data Reports, Lists, and Analytics – 25%
The development data and analytics manager is responsible for conducting analysis and preparing reports required of the development department to ensure compliance, benchmarking against industry trends, and efficient and effective use of the organization’s private revenue resources.
- Design, manage, and execute all fundraising reports, which includes ongoing and annual comparative reports on giving results, monthly and annual fundraising performance reports, key performance indicators, peer group benchmarks, industry metrics, campaign management, quarterly and annual Network Activity Reports for Feeding America, and other reports.
- Design, produce, provide, and present timely and pertinent reports on development data analytics to development team members, leadership team, and other Great Plains Food Bank colleagues as appropriate and upon request.
- Oversee, manage, and execute the preparation of development information for financial audits, state solicitation registration and reports, Form 990, and other fundraising-related data support for and with staff of the accounting department.
- Oversee and manage the process of providing properly formatted constituent data lists to appropriate Great Plains Food Bank department members and external vendors to support direct mail solicitations, online giving activities, and other constituent communications and activities.
3. Prospect Identification, Research, and System Development – 20%
The development data and analytics manager will lend support to the major gift officers by identifying prospective supporters, conducting grant and prospective research for strong mission fit and setting annual philanthropic revenue goals, and strengthening the department systems that deepen donor engagement.
- Use CRM data analysis, web analytics methods, data mining techniques, and other research/analysis tools and means to help determine and assess donor giving motivations and behaviors, to help advance development and institutional goals for growth.
- Support chief development officer and donor relations manager with grant resource identification, and grants management system for acceptance, filing, and tracking of awards.
- Facilitate a comprehensive moves management program in partnership with major gift officers by hosting monthly meetings, identifying prospects from gift activity, and major gift report development to ensure the coordination of major gift solicitation activity, optimization of the departments fundraising efforts, and deepening donor engagement with our mission.
- Support organization’s participation in national and regional charity rating systems to attain seals of certification to assure strong stewardship of donor gifts.
4. Staff Development and Direction – 15%
The development data and analytics manager builds on the strong culture of the organization and its people to form a cohesive, skilled, high-performing, engaged, and values-driven team through coaching, training and professional development opportunities.
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise the work and progress of the development associate who is responsible for receiving, processing, and acknowledging with receipt all private contributions.
- Manage volunteer engagement opportunities and season/temporary employees within the department.
- Provide leadership, guidance, support and evaluation for the development associate in executing her/his annual performance plan.
- Foster employee engagement by creating a supportive environment, promoting strong communications, recognizing achievements, and motivating and challenging team member by building on their strengths and providing opportunities for growth.
Education, Experience and Requirements
Successful candidates for this position must hold a Bachelor’s degree and/or have four or more years equivalent experience in nonprofit fundraising, nonprofit administration or consulting, or related work in a development environment. Experience in database management and data analysis required. An appreciation for the multiple dimensions of philanthropy and donor stewardship is preferred.
Skills and Competencies
- An inquisitive, critical thinker.
- Proven ability to plan, manage, execute, and problem-solve data collection and analysis projects.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and CRM database applications.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multi-faceted demands and deadlines.
- Strong internal and external customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and build collaboration across teams and departments.
- Detail oriented with high level of accuracy in data management.
- Sensitivity to highly confidential donor information.
- Strong organizational skills, yet flexible with an adaptable personal style.
Competitive compensation and benefit package, including both traditional and nontraditional benefits. Opportunity to contribute to a culture and environment that values equity, diversity and inclusion; and join a team that believes that together, we can and will solve hunger.
Send application, cover letter and resume to:
Marcia Paulson, Chief Development Officer
email@example.com | 701-476-9101
Download application here.