Accountable to: Development Data & Analytics Manager
Department: Development and Communications
Employment Status: Non-Exempt
The development associate is responsible for receiving, processing, and receipting all private contributions made by donors with guidance provided by the organization’s mission, vision, strategic plan and financial parameters approved by the board of directors. The development associate enters all gift and donor information, ensuring accuracy, into our constituent management software, prepares receipt letters and lends support to the development and accounting teams. With our values of passion, service and innovation at the forefront, this position will advance the mission of Great Plains Food Bank to end hunger together and our vision of a hunger-free North Dakota and Clay County, Minnesota.
Core Accountabilities and Essential Duties
- Gift Processing
The development associate receives and processes all private contributions made from direct marketing, online, grant, endowment, and unsolicited efforts.
- Stages and enters all gifts into the constituent management software, DonorPerfect.
- Communicates with donors as needed to ensure their gifts are processed as intended.
- Provides necessary month end gift reports to the accounting and administrative departments.
- Files and maintains supporting documentation that accompanies all gifts.
- Donor Acknowledgement
The development associate ensures a tax receipt acknowledgement letter is prepared for all gifts and mailed to donors unless otherwise instructed by the donor.
- Produces acknowledgement receipt letters to include designated printed or handwritten signature(s), and coordinates volunteers to fold and stuff the letters to mail.
- Works with mail house to ensure timely delivery to donors.
- Monitors stationary inventory and ensures adequate supplies are ordered from vendors.
- Constituent Management Software Maintenance
The development associate coordinates all information entered into the system by members of the development team to ensure clean and consistent data for donor cultivation and stewardship, and reporting purposes.
- Enters and/or updates constituent information in Donor Perfect software including address changes, deceased notification, anonymous giving, limited mail requests, attributes, and contact notes.
- Creates filters, reports and assists with analyzing data for accuracy and necessary global or individual updates.
- Provides support and system training to development team members and temporary staff added (if necessary) during high giving seasons.
- Accounting, Development, and Office Support
The development associate lends expertise, experience, and support to various departments.
- Supports the accounting department by preparing month-end private revenue reports for contributions received and processed, bank deposits for remote scan, delivery of cash deposits to the bank, and assistance with yearly audit requests.
- Coordinates volunteers for organizational-wide bulk mailing projects.
- Supports the office coordinator/accounting department with greeting and welcoming guests.
Education, Experience and Requirements
Successful candidates for this position must have a high school diploma and a vocational or technical school degree. At least two years proven experience working within a database system, preferably a fundraising system at a nonprofit organization; and an appreciation for the multiple dimensions of philanthropy. Valid driver’s license required.
Skills and Competencies
- Detail oriented with high level of accuracy in data entry
- Sensitivity to highly confidential donor information
- Experience in analyzing monthly report data
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and donor relationship management applications
- Strong organizational skills
- Thrives on routine, yet adaptable to change
- Ability to work independently and build collaboration across teams and departments
- Strong internal and external customer service and relationship-building skills
How to Apply
After reviewing the job description in full, please email cover letter, resume, completed application and salary requirements to email@example.com. Application can be found at greatplainsfoodbank.org. Strong applicants will be contacted as soon as possible to set up interviews. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.