Accountable to: Development Operations & Analytics Manager
Department: Development and Communications
Employment Status: Non-Exempt
The development associate is responsible for receiving, processing, and receipting all private contributions made by donors with guidance provided by the organization’s mission, vision, strategic plan and financial parameters approved by the board of directors. The development associate enters all gift and donor information, ensuring accuracy, into our constituent management software, prepares acknowledgement receipt letters, and lends support to the development and accounting teams. With our values of passion, service and innovation at the forefront, this position will advance the mission of Great Plains Food Bank to end hunger together and our vision of a hunger-free North Dakota and Clay County, Minnesota.
Core Accountabilities and Essential Duties
- Gift Processing
The development associate receives and processes all private contributions made from direct marketing, online, grant, endowment, and unsolicited efforts.
- Works with Office Coordinator to process all incoming mail including gifts from our Bismarck Regional Service Center.
- Stages and enters all gifts into the constituent management software (CMS), DonorPerfect.
- Processes electronic giving through multiple channels such as Givecloud, Benevity, and recurring monthly donors; ensuring appropriate donors receive credit and gifts are coded accurately.
- Works with development team members and donors to ensure donations are entered into CMS accurately based on donor intent.
- Provides necessary month end gift reports to the accounting and administrative departments.
- File or upload and maintain supporting documentation that accompanies all gifts.
- Donor Acknowledgement
The development associate ensures a tax receipt acknowledgement letter is prepared for all gifts and mailed to donors unless otherwise instructed by the donor.
- Produces acknowledgement receipt letters including updating written copy, processing, and printing with designated electronic or handwritten signature(s), and coordinates volunteers to prepare the letters for mail.
- Works with approved courier or US postal service to ensure timely delivery to donors.
- Monitors stationary inventory and ensures adequate supplies are ordered from vendors.
- Constituent Management Software Maintenance
The development associate coordinates all information entered into the system by members of the development team to ensure clean and consistent data for donor cultivation and stewardship, and reporting purposes.
- Enters and/or updates constituent information in Donor Perfect and/or Givecloud software including address changes, deceased notification, anonymous giving, limited mail requests, attributes, and contact notes.
- Creates filters, reports and assists with analyzing data for accuracy and necessary global or individual updates or imports of information.
- Provides support and system training to development team members and temporary staff (added if necessary) during high giving seasons.
- Accounting, Development, and Office Support
The development associate lends expertise, experience, and support to various departments.
- Manages mail forwarding in USPS Business Gateway.
- Notifies development staff on receipt of planned gift notices and other gift intent documentation.
- Supports the accounting department by preparing month-end private revenue reports for contributions received and processed, bank deposits for remote scan, delivery of cash deposits to the bank, and assistance with yearly audit requests.
- Coordinates volunteers for organizational-wide bulk mailing projects.
- Supports the office coordinator/accounting department with greeting and welcoming guests.
Education, Experience and Requirements
Successful candidates for this position must have:
• A high school diploma/GED
• A vocational, technical, or Associates school degree AND/OR 2-3 years of professional work experience equivalent
• 2-3 years proven experience working within a database system, preferably a fundraising system at a nonprofit organization
• At least 2 years of professional customer service with track record of maintaining positive customer relationships
• An appreciation for the multiple dimensions of philanthropy
• Valid driver’s license required.
Skills and Competencies
• Detail oriented with high level of accuracy in data entry
• Sensitivity to highly confidential donor information
• Experience in analyzing monthly report data
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and donor relationship management applications
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing, over the phone and in person.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
Download permission may be located on the bottom of your screen.
Submit completed application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org