Accountable to: Chief Development Officer
Department: Development and Communications
Employment Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: Full Time
The corporate engagement manager is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of corporate fundraising strategies that grow relationships within the corporate community, resulting in heightened visibility, financial resources necessary to support our mission, and a demonstrated commitment to support the corporate community’s desire to be socially responsible partners in hunger relief. Key corporate engagement responsibilities of this statewide position focus on sponsorships, cause marketing, employee giving campaigns, event and food and fund drive participation, and corporate volunteerism with guidance provided by the organization’s mission, vision, strategic plan and financial parameters approved by the board of directors. With our values of passion, service and innovation at the forefront, this position will advance the mission of Great Plains Food Bank to end hunger together, and achieve our vision of a hunger-free North Dakota and Clay County, Minnesota.
Core Accountabilities and Essential Duties
- Corporate Giving Program
The corporate engagement manager leads the organization’s corporate engagement activities, leveraging the expertise and strengths of the development team, leadership ream and all other organizational departments.
- Develops a plan and effective corporate partnership strategies, alongside the chief development officer, to increase investment to meet organization’s fundraising goals.
- Manages a portfolio of corporate partners, fostering current and prospective relationship through identification, qualification, acquisition, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities that support annual operations and the long-term financial stability of the organization. This may include, but is not limited to, attending corporate events, preparing corporate proposals, providing follow-up reports, delivering compelling presentations, leading tours, and managing a diverse recognition program that supports unique elements in the corporate community.
- Accountable for all administrative systems, procedures, reporting, tools, and collateral for managing corporate partners to allow for mutually beneficial relationships.
- Utilizes constituent relationship management software and the moves management system to cultivate donor relationships for deeper engagement. Completes all necessary documentation pertaining to portfolio management activities.
- Defines and meets annual corporate fundraising targets through analysis of donor data and engagement strategies, benchmarking, and key industry performance indicators.
- Participates in professional development opportunities to grow knowledge of corporate and employee giving trends.
- Corporate and Community Engagement
The corporate engagement manager is responsible for leading statewide corporate engagement activities; and collaborating with internal organizational teams and departments to facilitate successful engagement logistics.
- In partnership with the development team, supports sponsorship opportunities and execution, by identifying and securing corporate sponsorships for annual fundraising events and select programs and capital needs.
- Develops, implements and evaluates Great Plains Food Bank’s national, regional, and local cause related marketing campaign promotions with retailers and restaurants. Ensures alignment with Feeding America to maximize exposure of national awareness and engagement opportunities.
- Leads organization’s signature event (Packathon), managing on-site event logistics, vendors, contracts, and in-kind services agreements. Measures event performance to include return on investment analysis and public perceptions
- Lends support to community partners conducting events on behalf of the Great Plains Food Bank.
- Coordinates large and/or statewide food and fund drives in collaboration with operations department. Supports the digital content coordinator in managing the virtual food drive web-based environment to capture financial donations.
- Coordinates corporate volunteer experiences for donors in managed major gift portfolios in collaboration with volunteer managers at both warehouse facilities and programs team at statewide distributions.
- Markets and facilitates corporate employee giving and matching gift programs.
- Maintains a calendar of corporate engagement for planning, coordination, and promotional purposes.
- Community Relations
The corporate engagement manager elevates the understanding of hunger and the Great Plains Food Bank through public education and awareness.
- Conducts public presentations, informational booths, and/or tours of the warehouse with corporations, service organizations and community groups interested in partnering with the Great Plains Food Bank.
- Represents the organization in the community through appropriate civic or business philanthropic associations/organizations, and leverages community network for greater organizational visibility and philanthropic reach.
Education, Experience and Requirements
Successful candidates for this position must hold a Bachelor’s degree (in sales, marketing, business, event management or related field), and have 3+ years demonstrated fundraising experience in a nonprofit organization(s) and/or experience philanthropy experience within the corporate community. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Valid driver’s license, ability to travel statewide, and flexibility to attend meetings and events in the evening and/or on the weekends is required.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong internal and external customer service skills
- Thrives while developing relationships that further our mission
- An inquisitive, strategic thinker
- Outgoing, poised and persuasive communicator that possesses excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking skills to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including PowerPoint and Excel, and donor relationship management applications
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multi-faceted demands and deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented, yet flexible
- Ability to work independently and build collaboration across teams and departments