Accountable to: Child & Senior Hunger Program Manager
Department: Program and Agency Services
Employment Status: Non-exempt
Hours: Full Time
Location: Bismarck – Serving Western N.D.
The senior and child hunger program coordinator is responsible for supporting the goals and objectives of the Great Plains Food Bank through strengthening the presence of child and senior programs while coordinating programmatic elements regionally. This position will monitor for program compliancy and food safety in line with Great Plains Food Bank, Feeding America, and USDA standards. Additionally, this position will assist in build high quality relationships with child and senior feeding programs, and develop new partnerships to establish a broad presence and increased services throughout the state. With our values of passion, service and innovation at the forefront, this position will advance the mission of Great Plains Food Bank to end hunger together and our vision of a hunger-free North Dakota and Clay County, Minnesota.
Core Accountabilities and Essential Duties
1. Warehouse Operations
The child and senior hunger program coordinator oversees federal program product coming in and out
of regional distribution center.
- Inspects, counts, weighs, receipts, tags and places federal program food into appropriate storage location.
- Assists drivers with loading/unloading trucks for federal food program.
- Coordinates volunteers to pick up/distribute food to clients for federal food program.
- Monitors condition and code-dates of federal food products to minimize spoilage, utilizing first-in, first-out stock rotation practices.
- Works with the Facility & Volunteer Manager to ensure accurate and timely inventory tracking, counts and audits.
2. Program Coordination
The child and senior hunger manager contributes to food distribution through managing and administering child and senior programs.
- Coordinate senior hunger programs for western North Dakota, ensuring performance standards are met for the USDA Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) program including relationship management, paperwork, reporting, and programmatic execution requirements
- Manages internal program delivery success including product procurement, inventory, and process management.
- Deliver program specific required training as needed with direction from Child and Senior Hunger Program Manager.
- Lend support in child hunger programs, assisting with ensuring performance standards are met for backpack, school pantry, and summer meals programs, including relationship management, paperwork, reporting, and programmatic execution requirements.
3. Documentation and Record Keeping
The child and senior hunger manager maintains communication with programmatic partners, ensuring proper recording of statistics while ensuring compliance with organization and federal regulations.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation files for child and senior programs by ensuring all documentation is included and updated.
- Trains, coaches and follows-up with program champions on statistic reporting.
- Collects, records and tracks timely service statistics for programs.
- Attends internal meetings as required.
- Assists in strategic planning, visioning and budgeting on an annual basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Requirements
Successful candidates for this position will hold an associate degree in related field with 2 years’ prior related work experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Valid driver’s license, ability to lift up to 40 pounds required. Ability to travel statewide and flexibility to attend meetings and events in evenings and/or on weekends required. Experience with inventory control, food safety practices, and forklift operation is
Skills and Competencies
- Strong communicator that possesses excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multi-faceted demands and deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented, yet flexible with an adaptable personal style
- Critical thinking skills to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems
- Strong customer service skills and willingness to assist other