Accountable to: Chief Financial Officer
Employment Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: Full Time
The accounting manager is responsible for the general accounting functions of the organization, including accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, reconciliation of accounts, grant accounting, fixed asset control and depreciation. The accounting manager demonstrates passion for the Great Plains Food Bank’s mission of ending hunger and compassion for the hungry people served, is committed to delivering exceptional service and results, and helps drive strategic innovation to continually advance the organization toward its vision of a hunger-free North Dakota. With our values of passion, service and innovation at the forefront, this position will advance the mission of Great Plains Food Bank to end hunger together and our vision of a hunger-free North Dakota and Clay County, Minnesota.
Core Accountabilities and Essential Duties
- Accounting Functions
The accounting manager oversees all accounting functions for the Great Plains Food Bank.
- Manages and performs all aspects of the accounts payable process.
- Manages and performs all aspects of the accounts receivable process.
- Works with all operating units to insure proper accounting for purchases and expenses.
- Prepares monthly billings for state and/or federal grants.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll, including associated reports and withholding remittances.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations.
- Maintains fixed asset inventory and depreciation schedules.
- Facilitates and completes monthly closing procedures.
- Assists with financial audits, tax returns, and other ad-hoc reporting.
- Assists in monitoring internal controls.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations for improvement to the accounting processes and procedures while ensuring that practices comply with organization financial policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Performs such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time.
- Staff Development and Direction
The accounting manager builds on the strong culture of the organization and its people to form a cohesive, skilled, high-performing, engaged, and values-driven team through coaching, training and professional development opportunities.
- Recruits, hires, and supervises the office coordinator position.
- Organizes workflow and ensures that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks.
- Monitors employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching.
Education, Experience and Requirements
Successful candidates for this position must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a minimum of three years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics preferred. Valid driver’s license required.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong communicator that possesses excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills and willingness to assist others
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented, yet flexible with an adaptable personal style
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multi-faceted demands and deadlines
- Critical thinking and analytical skills to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to build collaboration across teams and departments
Compensation commensurate with experience. Generous benefit package. Opportunity to contribute to an environment that values passion, service and innovation.
How to Apply
After reviewing the job description in full, please email cover letter, resume, completed application and salary requirements to email@example.com. Application can be found at greatplainsfoodbank.org. Strong applicants will be contacted as soon as possible to set up interviews. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.