Regional Service Manager
Accountable to: Program Director
Department: Program and Agency Services
Employment Status: Non-exempt
Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Location: Fargo - Serving eastern N.D.
Great Plains Food Bank
The Great Plains Food Bank's mission is to end hunger in North Dakota and western Minnesota through community partnerships. We are the largest hunger-relief organization in North Dakota and serve as its only food bank. Each year, we touch the lives of one in nine individuals who seek emergency food assistance. We are dedicated to recruiting the highest of talent to join our statewide team passionately working with community partners to end hunger.
The Regional Services Manager is responsible for supporting the goals and objectives of the Great Plains Food Bank through strengthening the presence and capacity of partner agencies and coordinating services and distributions regionally. This position will build high quality relationships with partner feeding programs to increase their capacity, and develop new partnerships with other entities to establish a broad presence and increased services throughout the state. This position will continuously monitor partner agency activities for compliance with food safety, Great Plains Food Bank and Feeding America standards, set up direct service program sites for rural outreach programs, and coordinate with the Food Resource Manager on statewide food rescue efforts with our partner agencies. The Regional Service Manager is expected to communicate and work with interdepartmental teammates and participate in cross – department collaboration daily.
Essential Duties and Core Accountabilities
- Forge and strengthen relationships and collaborative partnerships with community organizations and key stakeholders
- Participate in targeted community activities, events and meetings
- Educate communities and persons through presentations and public speaking events
- Mentor potential partners in establishing new community feeding programs
- Process incoming partner agency applications, determine eligibility and set up new partnership
- Develop and deliver program specific required training and host partner meetings
- Monitor compliance activities through planned and impromptu site visits
- Plan and prepare mobile food pantry and perishable food distributions
Documentation and Record Keeping
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation (paper and electronic files) of partner agency network by ensuring all documentation is included and updated
- Train, coach and follow-up with agencies on statistic reporting
- Collect, record and track timely service statistics for programs and partner agencies
- Write, design and upload a weekly communication to the partner agency portal
- Attend internal meetings as required
- Assist in strategic planning, visioning and budgeting on an annual basis
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
Successful candidates for this position will hold a Bachelor’s degree in related field with 2 years’ prior related work experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in social services, outreach, project management and community collaborations are a plus.
Strong candidates for this position will believe in the Great Plains Food Bank’s mission, vision and values and be able to inspire others to join them in this important work; possess excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills and on-target messaging for a variety of audiences; proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; ability to work in a fast paced environment with multi-faceted demands and deadlines; be organized and detail oriented, yet flexible with an adaptable personal style; have strong customer service skills and willingness to assist others; valid driver’s license and ability to travel statewide; flexibility to attend meetings and events in evenings and/or on weekends.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Generous benefit package. Opportunity to contribute to an environment that values passion, service and innovation.
How to Apply
After reviewing the job description in full, please email cover letter, resume, completed application and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. A link to the application can be found HERE. Strong applicants will be contacted as soon as possible to set up interviews. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.